When you want to move mail from one or more Gmail accounts, you can do so using the following steps:
- Log in to your Gmail account.
- Go to your Gmail account settings by clicking on the gear icon in the top right corner and then clicking on 'Settings'.
- Click on 'Forwarding and POP/IMAP' and select 'Enable IMAP access' if it is not already enabled.
- Save the changes.
Enable access for less secure apps
- Click on the account icon in the top right corner and select 'Google Account' from the dropdown menu.
- Click on 'Security' in the left panel.
- Scroll down to the 'Less secure app access' section and click on the switch to enable it.
- You will see a warning message indicating that enabling access for less secure apps may make your account more vulnerable to security risks. If you still want to enable access for less secure apps, click on the 'Enable less secure app access' link.
- You may be asked to re-enter your account password to save changes.
Import mail via Plesk
- Log in to the Plesk Control Panel. If you don't know (anymore) how, read this article.
- Click on the 'Import Mail' button and then on 'Import Mail Messages'.
- In the next window, indicate where and which data from your old email should be fetched. Click on 'Show Advanced Options' to see all the options you need.
- Source Email Address: enter the email address you want to migrate the email from.
- Source Password: enter the password for the old email address.
- Destination Email: this is the email address where you want to move all the email. You can use an email address you have already created in the Plesk Control Panel or you can create a new email address directly. In the latter case, you also provide a new password.
- Source IMAP Host: enter 'smtp.gmail.com' here.
Click 'OK' and your email will be imported immediately!